Regulations & Ordinances
Best Management Practices
Land Disturbance Permit Info
Post Construction Requirements
Illicit Discharge Program
Stormwater Advisory Meetings
The residents of Rutherford County have a part in the County's efforts to have healthy rivers and streams. Everyday activities pose water quality issues for our streams. By using common sense and best management practices, residents can help the County's efforts in water quality.
What goes down storm drains and into roadside ditches drains straight to the rivers and streams. Stormwater is not treated!
Below are a few brochures to help residents to be conscience of water quality issues.
• Tennessee Home Owners Guide to Water Quality
• Home Repair & Remodeling Brochure
• Landscaping, Gardening, and Pest Control Brochure
• Cleaning up After your Pets
• Livestock Owners
• Tennessee Smart Yards Program: Great Ideas on how to Maintain your landscaping
• Drainage Easements: Homeowners Information
• Flooding and FEMA: Homeowners Information